Bali News, Denpasar – Obesity is a clinical condition where someone’s weight exceeds his/her ideal weight. This condition is later divided into two subs, obesity and morbid obesity.
To measure whether someone is categorized as an obese, health care professionals use the body mass index (BMI) as guidance. When someone’s BMI is equal to 30 or more, then they can be categorized as an obese. If the result is equal to 40 or more, a person is categorized as someone suffering from morbid obesity.
It is believed that poor dietary choices and lack of exercises are the main causes to the problem. However, other reasons such as someone’s medical condition that prevent him/her to exercise enough or a person’s metabolism system, which is differed from one to another can also be the causes.
Apart from creating a less pleasant physical look, obesity could also lead to many kinds of illness and infections developing into our body. These illnesses may include the abnormalities of cardiovascular, endocrine, gastrointestinal, renal and genitourinary, integument, musculoskeletal, neurologic, respiratory, and psychological function.
It does not matter in which obesity category someone has fallen into, but people with obesity have to start losing weight as soon as possible to avoid further medical problem. It may sounds easy, but of course losing weight is a hard work. Sometimes, it takes some people a lifetime to overcome the weight issue. Some think it is rather
easier to crush a mountain rock than losing weight.
The followings are some basic suggestions a person might follow to start losing weight:
• Eat whole-grain foods such as whole wheat bread, oatmeal and brown rice.
• Eat a variety of vegetables such as: Spinach Kale,collared greens,mustard greens, carrots, sweet potatoes and winter squash.
• Eat a variety of fruits every day. You can choose fresh, frozen, or canned fruit in its own juice.
• Eat low-fat dairy foods such as: Skim milk Fat-free yogurt or Low-fat cottage cheese.
• Choose protein foods that are lower in fat such as: Beans, split peas,lentils, fish,chicken or turkey. Remove all visible fat before eating.
• Bake your food instead of frying.
• Avoid foods high in fat such as: Potato chips, french fries, doughnuts and cakes.
• Drink 8 glasses of water every day.
• Spare some times to do exercises.
To get the right amount of each dietary intake, it is suggested that people consult their health or nutritional advisor as every individual might have different dietary measurement from one to another.
There is also a great website (www.diet.com) which covers almost every information people may need to help them in losing weight. To start developing a weight loss program, the website requires its user to complete a diet personality assessment to ensure that the program they follow is designed for their individual needs.
When creating a weight loss program, you have to make sure that you look at one that includes strategies for diet and nutrition, ones for exercise and a program that includes a way to support you and keep you motivated.
Start calculating your BMI now and see whether your body is in a normal, safe range. If the result tells you differently, then do not wait any longer. Pick a program or consult your physician to avoid obesity! –iu-